2.1 million people are victims of domestic violence and abuse each year.
It is important that everyone who could come into contact with children, young people or adults at risk receive training on domestic violence and abuse.
This online course gives learners an awareness of what domestic violence and abuse is and how to identify it whilst also describing best practice when supporting those experiencing domestic abuse.
We have recently worked with an experienced SME to update this course to ensure it covers the latest legislation and subjects such as Adolescent to Parent Violence and Stalking and Harassment.
After completing this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what domestic violence and abuse is and identify who is at risk
- Describe the physical and psychological effects of domestic violence and abuse on children, young people and adults at risk
- Classify the behaviours displayed by an abusive person
- Outline the MARAC Process
- Describe best practices for supporting those experiencing domestic violence
7,000 professionals have already taken this course.