Safeguarding News, Resources & Events. Sign up now!
Top Selling Safeguarding and Child Protection Courses:
Free safeguarding resources:
Click on the numbered points to find out the best ways to keep your sleeping baby safe.
- Do keep the cot or crib in the same room as you.
- Do put the baby to sleep on their back.
- Do put the baby in the ‘feet-to-foot’ position at the bottom of the crib.
- Do use a dummy to settle the baby.
- Don’t use pillows, quilts or duvets in the crib for babies under one year old.
- Don’t have toys or loose blankets in the crib: it is dangerous if the baby’s head becomes covered whilst sleeping.
- Don’t position the crib near radiators, windows or draughts.
- Don’t let the baby sleep in a hat: babies need to lose excess heat from their heads.
For more resources like this join our Safeguarding Newsletter.
Your privacy is important to us and we will not sell or pass on your information for commercial or other uses.